Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Discovering a Great Service, Sadly

Early this year, my father passed away.  Late last week, my mother also died.  Yes, both of those events hurt a lot.  The silver lining was discovering (actually my wife, the Chief Operating Officer of Support For Home, discovered) Dignity Memorial.

Dignity Memorial is an amazing service available to loved ones who are left behind.  To see just what I mean, below are the links to the memorials for my mother (Margaret Cave) and my father (Hardy Cave). 

Aside from being happy that others might see what grand people they were, I am amazingly proud of my sisters, in Oregon, where my folks lived, for making this happen.  Being the primary caregivers for my folks and making these memorials happen is amazing.

Being able to add some thoughts to the guest books, read what others have written, and at any time, maybe years from now, go back and look through the pictures -- this is an incredible service.

With love, Bert

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bert,
    First of all, my sincere condolences to you. It seems we both lost our beloved mothers within days of each other.
    Dignity Memorial looks wonderful, but what we discovered when my father died two years ago is that many newspapers as well as some funeral services offer an on-line guest book. In the case of the newspaper, we submitted obituaries for both my father and mother to the Monterey Peninsula Herald and they offer a free 1-year on-line guest book which includes the obit and photo(s) and also a place for people to leave comments. It really is a wonderful service and one every paper should offer. Unfortunately, the Davis Enterprise does not offer this but they were quite interested in the idea!
    Warmly, Victoria

    ReplyDelete