Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

And Now For Something Entirely Different

So, this is something that has been brewing in my mind for quite a while.  I did not really intend to blog on the topic, but a comment by a new client actually convinced me that I should.

Just to be clear, this is not about how our senior care, in-home care agency, Support For Home, is better than others.  It is about the fact that we would love to see other agencies understand the sensitivities of seniors and decide to stop this practice.

OK, so what in the world am I talking about?  The issue is "branded" cars that scream the names of homecare agencies. 

If I'm a realtor or sell insurance, no issue with the decals or paint jobs that tell the world what I'm doing.  However, if my passion is, however -- as ours is -- to enable seniors to continue to live at home, I'm not going to do that.  Many seniors have enough issues accepting that they need help.  It is an emotionally difficult decision for them.  If they want to share the fact that they are receiving care with their neighbors, great.  We are not going to advertise that fact by the cars our administrative staff or Home Care Aides drive.

For us, it is just a matter of being a little bit more sensitive.  Do you agree or disagree?  We would love to have your comments.

Best wishes, Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment