Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

These Aren't Scams, They're Comedy Bloggers

So, after reading my 9,427th email sent from everywhere from Algeria to Zimbabwe, telling me that a very small investment -- just a show of good faith, really, will secure my share of an unclaimed treasure worth $7,832,451.09, I have decided that these are really not scams at all.

I am now quite certain that these folks are simply fellows looking to become comedy writers for Conan's new show -- or maybe Leno's old, new show.  That part is not clear to me.  What is clear is that these are not simple scammers from Russia or Africa or North Dakota (well, I suppose some of them could be from North Dakota).  A few of them may be from Goldman Sachs.  The grammatical ability seems to match.

But clearly, they are not seriously inviting me to send over $50,000 to secure my good fortune.  I mean, for goodness sake, they must know I run a home care company, so there is no way I've got $50,000!  There is an old joke, about a New England dairy farmer who won the lottery.  He was asked what he was going to do now that he was rich.  "Well," he said, "I guess I'll just keep on dairyin' until it's all gone!"  He might as well have been in the senior home care industry.  :-)  If you are not doing what you are doing for passion, you are doing the wrong thing!  At Support For Home, it's all about passion -- for our client's and their desire to age in place -- in their own homes.

So, keep those emails coming guys.  When you are working 24x7, a little laughter goes a long way.

For the rest of you, if you don't agree with my theory, I've learned about $4,000,000 in Confederate money that we can split, if you just send me $50,000.  I need the money up front to send to this guy in Ukraine from whom I just heard who has a sweet deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment